Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday 8/13/2012


How was your weekend? Ours was very busy. The boys and the hubs went on a cubscout hike on Saturday. Then we stayed around the house for the rest of the day due to both dh and I having this summer cold.

I started another blanket while watching a show with dh last night. Its going to be a twin size and I've started it from scraps. I am thinking of making it striped with all country colors. As for scraps I have a bit each of drk country blue, cranberry, tan, and a drk green almost a pine color. I think it will look good together. I got the idea from a Mary Maxim catalog.

As of this morning dh thinks he may be getting over what ever it is, and I'm still fighting it, I still can't hear out of my left ear, the pain isn't as bad as it was but the pressure and not being able to hear is so very frustrating. I feel bad, I feel zapped, I need more down time I think.

As for my plans today I am canning beans..again. I am not complaining though, I enjoy it no matter how much I moan,  lol. I've had one jar break so far today but if all the rest seal I will end up with 15 qts and 1 pt of green beans today. It's adding up!!!

I also picked some tomatoes, I am on the fence as to what I want to do with them.. there aren't that many ready they are trickling in a little at at time. I need more whole canned tomatoes, but I want to make salsa as well. I don't know if I'll have enough tomatoes to can spaghetti sauce like I planned but we will see how it all works out.

I think dinner tonight will be a Breakfast for dinner night. Bacon and Pancakes sounds good to me!!!

 I'm off to clean up the kitchen now that the beans are all snapped and jarred, just waiting on the canner.
Have a great day!!
Dana

1 comment:

  1. We love breakfast for supper here. We hope to make salsa tomorrow. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete