Saturday, February 25, 2012

Why do they have to grow up so fast???

So my oldest son left this morning at 6:30 to go camping with the boy scouts. He's only a cub scout but in order to cross over blah blah blah, he has to camp so many times with the older boys.

So he is totally excited and rearing to go, me on the other hand...yeah not so much. He even was out of bed before I was this morning, the child who on school days has to be practically drug out of bed. But not this morning, this morning he was up with the chickens, and bouncing around like he had drank a 1/2 pot of coffee, he hadn't of course but to say he was excited would probably be an understatement.

Yes I am happy for him and well I know he will be ok because one of the older boys going, also goes to our church and I know he will take Colby under his wing and look out for him. Actually this older boy is really great with the younger guys. We don't just go to church with him he's a friend of the family and we are quite fond of him.

So why am I worried?? It might have something to do with the fact that the wind has howled all night, its supposed to be 40* and 45mph winds today, or that when he walked out the door it was spitting snow, yes SNOW and they are camping. Or the biggest reason is well HE'S MY BABY, and I don't care if he is 10yrs old, way bigger than his age thanks to the genes he gets from his nearly 7ft tall daddy, what I can't let go of is that HE'S MY BABY and well, I'm not ready to cut the apron strings as they say.

Oh but I gotta let him do 10yr old things, and grow up doing things that kids his age do. AHHHH but its harder than you might think, at least it is harder than I thought it would be. Geez I'm such a softy!!

Thankfully its a one night trip, and he'll be home in the morning. YAY!!!

Lord help me I can fill the gray hairs popping out!!! lol

4 comments:

  1. I hope that he has a good time. They do grow up quickly.

    Have a great weekend with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl!!
      He had a wonderful time!! Thanks for stopping by!1 Hope your enjoying a wonderful week!!
      Dana

      Delete
  2. Dana,

    I am so glad that he had fun. I left a reply for you on my "Dried Onions" post on the recipe blog.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete