Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday's To-do list 5/11/2011

First and foremost I need to mow.

Then during nap time I need to:

Make Kool-aid and Lemonade
clean the green onions I was given from my Pap
I have laundry to do... Don't we always?lol
and of course clean/straighten up the house and make dinner!!

Dinner plans tonight are Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans

The meatloaf is already mixed up and in the fridge, I had bought a large pack of hamburger at Costco over the weekend so last night I make tacos and while I was in the kitchen chopping veggies for tacos I went a head and chopped veggies for and mixed up a meatloaf as well since I had all the ingredients in front of me. Did I mention I was even able to sneak some veggies into my picky eating oldest child?? Yep those tacos last night were full of finely chopped onions and finely chopped celery and no one was the wiser!! With all the taco seasoning the veggies were undetectable!! :)

Here's my super easy super yummy recipe for Meatloaf, I have proably shared it before, maybe on the other blog but here goes anyway......

2lbs of hamburger
1 onion, chopped fine
1-2 celery stalks chopped fine
1 box Savory Herbs Stove Top Stuffing
2 eggs
salt and pepper to suit you
1 cup of water

mix everything really well in put into a greased casserole baking pan, this will feed us plus leave us enough leftovers for dh to take in his lunch and for me to make a plate to take to my mom.

Of course I've been making this meatloaf since before we had kids so if your family size isn't as big as ours than you can divide the meatloaf mixture in half and freeze one for later, I have had great results with this, I love having things in the freezer for fuss free meal times.

Well thats about it for me!! Have a great day!!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment