Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday 7/26/2011

Good morning!!

I'm a little more coherant this morning. Kara still didn't sleep through the night but she did come to bed with me once she woke up and settled in alot better than she did Sunday night so we were able to get some rest. Not as much as I would have liked but more than we got Sunday night :)

We are still eating from the pantry and are doing quite well with that, however I did need to go to the market yesterday and get a few things. Namely things for dh's lunch. We were out of his sodas, I had no fresh bread,no lunch meat, no chips, no...ok you get the idea. I also picked up a few things for the house.

Off the top of my head I bought

Potatoes- I bought 2 bags of these because dh is supposed to take a dish to work and he requested potato salad, although I was wrong on my dates and he doesn't need it till next week sometime. So... Potatoes for dinner anyone??
lettuce
tomatoes
Lunch meat
Bread
Chips
hotdogs
milk
taco shells
hotdogs
coffee creamer- totally a want on my part but seriously I am not pleasant to deal with when I haven't had my coffee, so lets say I did it for the kids right?? lol

I don't remember what else off the top of my head but its Ok you get the idea.

Dinner last night was Tacos. Its a kiddo favorite here, and after eating out of the pantry all last week they were due for a fun meal, I just needed to add taco shells to what I already had on hand, and of course lettuce and tomatoes. There's plenty of leftover taco meat in the fridge so that will be lunch today.

Dinner tonight will probably be ham slices from the freezer, fried potatoes ( since we are in abundance at the moment due to an oversight on my end lol) and either eggs or a veggie. I'm betting dh will choose eggs!! He's crazy over ham, potatoes and eggs.

My friend Tiffani is canning up a storm it sounds like, her soups sound good!! I've canned 7 qts of green beans and I need to can lots more, hoping the garden keeps producing so I am able!!

Have a great day!!
Dana

2 comments:

  1. We will be picking and canning green beans today. So glad that Kara slept somewhat better. Hopefully tonight will be even better.

    Have a great day. You are doing a great job eating from your pantry.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tacos are a fave here too.

    If you want to ask your Grandad if he'll sell me some beans that's fine by me. ;)

    Yes, I am canning up a storm. I've got to get off my butt and get busy on the White Chili today. Soaked the beans last night, now I need to put it all together to simmer a while.

    ReplyDelete