Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eating from the Pantry...

Day One: Last Night/Monday Night

I baked a whole chicken, made mashed potatoes and hm gravy, corn, I also made rice for Colby as he doesn't like mashed potatoes

My crew pretty much picked the chicken clean, but I am determined to make a meal out of the carcass, honestly the flavor you get from cooking a roasted chicken carcass is just amazing and so I don't want to waste it. I'll figure out what to do with it later.

Day Tow: Tonight/Tuesday Night

I've got leftover spaghetti sauce in the fridge and I think I have mozzarella cheese in the fridge as well so I am thinking of a lasagne, I'll serve green beans (home canned from before) and I'm pretty sure I have a couple tubes of cresent rolls leftover from my home party on Saturday in the fridge as well. Yep sounds like dinner to me!!

Money spent on Monday $0.00

Stay tuned, hopefully I can work a whole menu for this week off of what we have on hand.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. You are doing a good job using up what you have.

    Have a great day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete