Monday, May 21, 2012

Fried Chicken Salad

Since a couple of ladies have asked how I make our Fried chicken Salad I thought I would just make a post about it.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but hopefully as I explain my way of making it, your imaginations will recreate how really yummy this salad is.

The best part is that its truely very very simple.

I was able to buy a bagged salad mix very cheaply but then added to it. The salad mix I bought had iceburg lettuce, red cabbage and shredded carrots in it, then I added, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes,  and fresh raw spinach leaves that were chopped smaller since they weren't baby spinach leaves.

I also cooked and chopped up some hard boiled eggs.

Then for the fried chicken part I had coupons for those Tyson Breaded Chicken Tenders, so I used those but have made this many times before with my own breaded and fried chicken tenders.

I took the Tyson Breaded Chicken Tenders and deep fried them, and then let them cool, once they were cool I chopped them all up kinda small. Smaller makes it go farther.

I set it all up almost like a buffet, I had a huge bowl of salad chock full of veggies, a bowl of chopped hard boiled eggs and a bowl of chopped cooked breaded chicken tenders and then toppings like different dressings, bacon bits, etc.

When I assembled mine I took and  piled on the salad, ( I♥Salad) then topped with eggs, chicken, bacon bits and salad dressing, it was very very filling, you don't have to have alot of chicken and its still yummy so it works well as a stretchy meal.

IT IS SOOOOOO GOOD AND SOOOO FILLING and its a great meal for those super hot days!!

I also like spicy foods so I sometimes make Buffalo chicken salad, My husband don't care for spicy food at all so when I am craving something spicy I make everything just like I listed above but in a small bowl I put a pat of butter and then some Frank's Red Hot hot sauce, and microwave it till the butter is melted then I toss in some of the already cooked and chopped up chicken and toss to coat, you don't need alot of sauce, just enough to lightly coat the chicken, then I put it on top of my salad and drizzle ranch dressing over everything and then gooble it up :)

I used to bake potatoes to go with this meal too, so it wouldn't be just a cold meal but lately I haven't done this and its just as filling and satisfying without having  a baked potato on the side.

I hope you try this salad, its really easy and really yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds really good. I will have to give it a try. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete