Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday 10/18/2011

I have once again neglected this blog... Life as you know has a way of messing up one's plans.. I've learned to just roll with it!!

Thought I would do a mini recap of the weekend and such....

This past weekend we went camping with the boy scouts, this was the first time our cubs had camped with the older boy scouts and I have to say the most of the boy scouts were very acccomodating to the young ones!! Miss Boo and I even went and we had a blast!! I thought we were going to freeze to death in the middle of the night but for the most part we had a great time!! The purpose of this camping trip was to serve the community as parking attendants for the Battle of Cedar Creek Re-enactment. Yall - I was in my glory, all those hoop skirts and long gowns, oh I just have to make Miss Boo one of those for next year. I just couldn't soak up enough history and all the wonderful things set up for us to look at and enjoy!! We helped with parking but there was plenty of time to tour the encampments which were set up just as they would have been all those years ago. Amazing, truely amazing!!!!

Sunday we had to pack up and come home, we also had a committee meeting for our Cub Scout pack and then I went by my mom's to pick up our dog- she doggy sat for us so Gretta wouldn't be alone all day Saturday. Sunday also marked 1 yr since my daddy left us. I gotta admit that I did better than I thought I would. Yes, there were times that I just couldn't keep the tears from falling but I think..no I KNOW he wouldn't have wanted me to sit around crying the whole weekend and would have wanted me to find the joy and live it so I made the decision to go camping with the boys and to enjoy the re-enactment. Don't let me fool you though, I miss him like crazy!!

Sunday night we got home from picking up the dog and visiting with my mom and it was later than I had wanted so we had a simple dinner, grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids and I hard boiled some eggs and dh and I snacked on them as we relaxed and watched a show after the kids went to bed.

Yesterday I spent washing up all the dirty smokey smelling laundry from the camping trip, I worked on scout paperwork and popcorn orders and then made a huge dinner for us to reheat and enjoy after scouts. I packed dinner for my mom and the baby and took Miss Boo over to my moms and then we went to scouts.

After scouts the boys ate and we got the kids off to bed then dh and I ate quickly and we weren't long for bed ourselves. It was a long weekend and a long day monday.

Today is hopefully a little bit more laid back, I still have popcorn for the scouts to work on, and there is always lots of housework around here that needs doing but we will all be home tonight to eat dinner together and spend time together before bed!!

I think tonight for dinner I will make breakfast for dinner.... I have a loaf of hm cinnamon roll bread leftover from camping this weekend and I am betting it will make AWESOME French Toast!! I think I also have some sausage in the freezer to go along with it. Ya know I also have some leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge from dinner last night, I could just make a feast for dinner tonight... Hmm... I'll see what everyone wants to eat but I am thinking:
Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Sausage Patties
Mashed Potato Cakes
Eggs if anyone wants them??
Yep sounds like a feast to me!!!

Hope you have a great day!!!
Dana

1 comment:

  1. I have always thought I would enjoy going to a re enactment. It sounds like you all had fun.

    The cinnamon roll bread would make really good french toast.

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete