Monday, April 25, 2011

Ahh what a wonderful Sunday!!

Christ is risen, Christ is risen indeed!!

What a wonderful Easter Sunday we had!! Infact I enjoyed our entire weekend!!

We have had so much rain that I thought the church's easter egg hunt on Saturday would have been canceled but the rain held off and we had such a fun time!! Kara was more concerned with taking the eggs out of the basket instead of picking them up and putting them in but all in all it was a great time!!

After the egg hunt we stopped by target to pick up a birthday gift for my nephew, and then went to lunch and then onto his birthday party, after the party we stopped so that I could get a few last minute things for our Easter dinner.

Sunday morning we were up bright and shiny!! We went to the 8am service and then sat with Brady through sunday school while Kara played, Colby is older and at the age where he is fine to go to Sunday School without us, after sunday school we all attended the 10am service. Dh left to come home to work a bit from home while the boys, Kara and I went with Mom to the cemetary to visit my Dad for easter, we left there and stopped to see my grandparents for a few minutes, My granddad is really smitten with my youngest and my gram was just in awe of her little easter dress, My granddad has my boys just as spoiled and I don't know who enjoys it more him or them !! When I was small he gave me a quarter every time I saw him, even if it was several times in the same day, I guess inflation has really hit every aspect of life these days as Pap gives each one of the kids a dollar and sends them home with snacks besides. Stuff I would never buy but I do allow them to eat it when Pap gives it to them. Spoiled Rotten I tell ya, or many just very much loved!! I can't complain too much because I myself am the only granddaughter and Pap had me a box full of fresh green onions from the garden just picked right before I got there, he knows how much we love them, and he filled mom's vehicle to the brim with empty canning jars. I am happy because now I won't have to buy many if any more jars but there's a twinge of sadness too as I realize that Pap and Gram are to the point where their canning days are behind them. Its somewhat hard to come to terms with. They got loved on by my kiddos and by me and then we had to get home to get started on Sunday dinner.

I hate to toot my own horn but sometimes I suprise myself, I arrived home, got changed, apron on and went to town cooking and cleaning and had a feast ready and on the table by 5!! We had Turkey, Mashed potatoes, with gravy, stuffing, green beans, corn, noodles, coleslaw, hot rolls, apple pie, brownies and chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting!! Mike's gram brought the risen rolls and the chocolate cake. And we had green onions to go along with it, Kara even picked up a green onion off the table and "Murdered It" as Mike's Gram put it, she's cutting more teeth and it either tasted good or it felt great on her gums because she gnawed it and gnawed it. At first she was actually eating it, she would take a bite off the green end then turn it over and take a bite off the white end, but after it was all said and done she has just gnawed it to pieces!!

My mom and Mike's Gram were here for dinner and later on my youngest brother and his wife and kids showed up so we sat outside after dinner, chatted and watched the kids play. After everyone left we came inside and got everything cleaned back up and settled down for the evening.

No one had trouble getting to bed last night, I think we all wanted sleep, it was such a full, wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to celebrate with family. He has risen indeed. Your meal sounds wonderful. Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete