Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Catching up...

Good Morning!!
Its Wednesday and I am thankful for a day at home. I have a good deal of things that need caught up on around here, a busy day for me for sure.

Dh went to the dr on Monday for his Post-Op check up, they removed the stints and looked him over well and said he was recovering nicely, but they want to see him again in 2 weeks. He's back to work now, and he says without the stints he is much more comfortable and even the pain is more manageable without the stints in.

It was a productive week for me, I canned the peaches and got 27 quarts and 1 pint, I canned 5 quarts of strawberry-lemonade concentrate, 4 quarts of tomatoes and I grated and froze 5  2cup bags of zucchini.

The tomatoes are trickling in, I guess this will be the year of can a couple quarts every other day or so, which is ok I guess, it will keep me from working myself silly. I just hope to get enough from the garden to stock us up.

The upcoming weekend looks to be busy too. I am hoping dh will have time to fix my clothesline, it would be a savings to be able to stop using the dryer!! I know he also needs to put in his grams dishwasher and fix her doorbell, that is of course depending on how he feels, I guess it could be a very productive weekend or another weekend to just slow down and heal more. Hopefully he's on the mend and will be getting back to normal soon!!!

There is also a benefit dinner for my Uncle Jerry who is battling cancer, to help cover some of his medical bills. I don't know if we are going or just going to make a donation, again depends on how my hubby feels. I will be baking some things to donate to the bake sale. Everyone loves home baked goodies and every bit sold will help my Aunt and Uncle pay down those medical bills.

Our babysitter turned 16 yesterday and there is a little get together for her on Sunday sometime after church, I need to work her up a gift really quick, I think I'll make her some quilted potholders or something for her hopechest.

Lots of things going on, but our participation all depends on how well dh feels. The dr said it could take up to 6 weeks for him to even begin to start to feel normal again. Poor fella.

I know I've got lots to keep my busy here at home so staying home just might be a good idea!!
Enjoy your day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment