Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1st, 2011

Time is flying by!! Today is my wonderful momma's birthday!! I am so lucky to have her!! Our plan is to take her out to eat tonight!! A new to her restaurant that she has never tried, a buffet her favorite full of country cooking just like we do only in mass quantities, lol lots and lots to choose from!!

Other than that my day will be laundry, bill paying, house cleaning, you know the usual!!

With the weather turning cold and our sudden and curious snowstorm this past weekend- Yes snow in October- I found it hard to believe myself but it happened, any way with this cold snap I have deviated from the menu a bit and yesterday I made a huge pot of Chili and a huge pot of Beef Vegetable Soup. It was very enjoyable with this cold weather. We had soup for dinner last night and tonight we will go out for dinner for mom's birthday but tomorrow we will have soup again, plus I will take plenty of each to Mom's for her to enjoy this week. Any left after that the baby and I will enjoy for lunch till its gone!! Oh how I love soup!! Its one of my favorite parts of cold weather!!!

There are only 50-couple days till christmas so I've been crafting away but not enough and I need to step up my efforts in order to be done in time for the wonderful holiday!!! Oh and the great news is all this time I've wondered if people actually enjoy my homemade gifts, I mean sure they say they like them and such but you still wonder way backin your mind if they really enjoy them and a couple days ago I really got my answer!! A lady contacted me about making a gift for her to give to her girls for Christmas!! I just don't think you can get any more confirmation than that!! I am totally excited!!

I hope you enjoy your day!!
Blessings from our home to yours!!
Dana

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom. I hope that you all have a wonderful evening together.

    Soups do sound good on colder nights.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete