Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday July 1st 2014

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it is July 1st!! Seems like only yesterday we were complaining about our extra long extra cold winter, now we're walking out the door and immediately bursting into a sweat because its near a 100* with equally high humidity.

My last post I mentioned that we were all wrapped up in car drama. The bad news is the insurance co. did finally (after go back and forth for over a week) deem the hubs car a total loss. We felt early on it was going in that direction, So when it was finalized we wasted no time in looking for another work car for him. Thankfully we found one and purchasing it was just as eventful and dramatic as going round and round with the insurance co and the body shop at the beginning of this car wreck headache.  Thankfully all the kinks were worked out and we are again a 2 vehicle family. I feel good knowing my hubby has reliable transportation back and forth to work (he's a commuter) but on the downside we now again have a car payment.

So here we are working out a new budget that includes a car payment. Its going to be tight again while we get into a new spending routine but we've been down this road before and we've always made it work and we will this time again. Faith!! Its a mighty powerful Ally!!

I'll be paying much closer attention to our spending. I've already been grocery shopping for the month of July and we'll be sticking closely to our menus and hopefully the only thing we will need as the month progresses is milk and fresh veg. The garden is starting to produce ( I picked 5 zucchini yesterday) and that will come in handy as we are able to eat fresh and put up the surplus for the winter and year to come!!

Here's our menu for this week:

Yesterday I worked in the garden weeding all day, so come supper time I was pooped!! We had an easy dinner of pancakes, eggs and sausage patties.
Tonight: Spaghetti with meat sauce and Manicotti for those who aren't fond of spaghetti we're a 50/50 family Half of us love spaghetti and don't care for Manicotti and the other half of us is the exact opposite loving Manicotti and disliking Spaghetti. I'll make some homemade french bread to go with this meal.
Wednesday: Beef fajitas with Rice
Thursday: Leftovers or Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, hm applesauce
Friday: 4th of July- More than likely cooking out with family and I'll make a couple dishes to take along!!
Sarturday and Sunday The Weekend menu is up in the air, we will definitely be eating out of the fridge freezer and Pantry but I'll let the Hubs decide what we're feasting on!!!

Enjoy your day, I'm off to make some lunch for my kiddos and switch the laundry and start another load!!
Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment